I skipped one I know, but they were both pretty similar. Our 3rd doctor's appointment was a month ago. It was different because it was more routine without an ultrasound. We had a med student walk in before our Doc. He attempted to act like he knew what he was doing but it was only his second day there. He asked if I had morning sickness, to which I responded "here and there during the day and mostly at night," to which he responded "That's odd, that normally happens in the morning time" (oh does he have a lot to learn!) He asked some odd questions which brought up our miscarriage 2 years ago. And he asked when the miscarriage was (we were 12 weeks last time) while he attempted and failed to find the heartbeat. Awkward. I felt kinda bad for the guy. Finally our doctor came in asked how we were found the heartbeat right away and answered the questions the med student couldn't. With more practice, I'm sure he'll get better.
Today we had our 4th appointment. I'm currently 17 weeks and happy :) This appointment was pretty routine as well a measurement, found the heartbeat (a healthy 150) and answered our questions about painting our house and allergy medications. I really love and appreciate how well researched and detailed our doctor is. It's comforting to know the prenatal care we are getting is great!
This week I was asked if I could feel the baby and then it was described to me what it felt like. It's amazing that a little 5 ounce, 5 inch long baby inside a balloon of water can be felt. But I have felt the teeny flutter of the baby a couple of times.
Our next appointment is on May 3rd, and we should be able to tell the gender then. Any guesses????
Monday, April 5, 2010
Doc Appt #4!
Posted by Jimmy & Amy at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
baby Girl I really don't know but hey I have a 50/50 Chance Congrats again
GIRL!!! I'll be counting down the days, we're so excited for you both!
I'm guessing girl too. I can't wait! that is hilarious that the med student thought morning sickness only happened in the morning. Seriously, everyone who's been around at least one pregnant person knows that's not true.
Post a Comment