Friday, April 23, 2010

19 weeks and counting!

I normally wouldn't be posting until our doctor's appointment, but I've been thinking a lot. As this little one grows inside me, and I'm feeling it's shape inside me, I'm getting so excited! I've been thinking a lot about what it will be, how we'll decorate, how we'll raise it, and most importantly how to love it the most. I can't wait to see it's tiny body parts and features when we see the ultrasound. I've been a little frustrated lately because I haven't been feeling movement yet, and it seems like everyone else does...until I realize that this precious baby in me is only about 8 oz inside a melon size ball of fluid... and is only awake about 4 hours of my day. I convinced myself that it's moving in the night when I couldn't feel it when I was sleeping anyway.
I have 9 1/2 million pillows that I arrange around me constantly at night but I still wake up with painful hip aches and neck aches. Do you have any other suggestions for sleeping arrangements?
I have to finish by saying how in awe I am of women that have done this once and many times over. What a beautiful time in life. I'm almost selfish with my time now, knowing that the baby and me are always together, knowing that it won't always be this way. Even when Jimmy talks to my belly I'd rather just have peaceful moments with my hands on my tummy. This whole process is an amazing experience. I've taken one prego picture but since I haven't gained anything, I don't look prego to me yet, but I'll be posting them soon :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

You're so cute. I used to love just sitting there with my hands on my belly, imagining that the baby could feel it and know that I loved him. Can't wait to find out what it is!!!

Liz said...

Oh, Amy it is so exciting to hear your wonderful thoughts. Being pregnant and becoming a mom are one of the most amazing things. Give it a few more weeks and you will be feeling that baby, being your first it is hard to know if it was really the baby moving, but you will know. My first little one was not very active, I felt her, but not near as much as this little one that I have inside me now. Though being pregnant can be hard on the body and uncomfortable, it is still so wonderful. I am so happy for you and pray that you and that little one will stay healthy and strong. Sorry no suggestion on how to sleep comfortable. :)