Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Doc Visit

Hello! With 19 days to go we have been seeing the doctor much more often. We just got back and things are looking pretty good. My blood pressure was a little higher than it has normally been so they took it twice after resting a little bit and it was a little lower. Low enough to not get monitored today. After checking me the doc said I was at 1 cm, which doesn't mean too much. He does want me back on Friday to double check my blood pressure, fluid levels and I will do a non stress test then. Has anyone done one of those? I'm just wondering what they do during that. I'm hoping for another week and a half at least...but we'll see. Who knows maybe he'll even come late. We'll see!

2 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

You're so close! I sure hope he doesn't come late. My Abby was 10 days late and 9 lbs 8 oz! The waiting was hard but worth it of course. Can't wait to see pictures!

The Brown Family said...

I loved having my non-stress test, they strap on 2 machines to your stomach, one for the heartbeat and the other for your contractions. They track how close your contractions are to each other and the strength of each, how baby Jimmy's heart rate react to them and it last usually for 30 minutes plus, so bring a book or something to do while you're there. Then they'll typically measure the fluids with an ultra sound, my favorite part, make sure you ask for copies from the ultra sound of his cute little face/profile! Keep us updated!